CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Chocolates and Big O!

When was the last time I was out? Has it been ages or what? I guess I ought to find ways to interact with the world again. I've been missing out on the accessories in life. Last Friday was a rainy day in this part of the world. But my colleague and I were oblige to meet with the marketing fellows of some the the companies here in Jakarta. It was a long and tiring trip from Sudirman to Pondok Indah Mall and the traffic was really so bad. When we got there we were not in the mood to do the whole thing but when we saw everyone, well things turned a bit brighter for us.

My colleague had to forced himself to make a presentation to the group about what business we are into here in Jakarta. Everyone was intent in understanding what he has to say and I'm just glad we are able to set meetings for other more serious stuffs.

Dinner at Outback will always be a joy in my heart because the staff are really very courteous and there is this one girl who makes me feel important because she remembers my name.

When we were having our dinner everyone was quietly enjoying the meals they ordered because everyone was starving already. After the sumptuous dinner everyone started conversing with each other in their quest to get to know one another better. My colleague and I just watch in amazement how fast they talk and my colleague didn't understand a darn thing they were saying at that time but he mustered to plaster a smile in his face. I understand a conversational bahasa already so I understand a bit of the gossips they were sharing with each other.

Then we had dessert. They all had ice cream with chocolate syrup whipped all over their ice creams and since I'm not a fan of chocolate I had to request that I be given just a plain vanilla ice cream. They all started asking me why I don't like chocolate... I told them that I am not an avid fan of dark colors and since chocolate is dark I just don't like it. Then my Indonesian friend said that there are only 2 great things that can happen to a woman and that is chocolate and big O. Everyone started laughing and I was told I miss one-half of my life coz I don't like chocolates. Never did it cross my minds that Indonesians are also liberated. I always had that notion that they are of the conservative type. They enjoyed discussing how chocolates can help women get better and greater Os. Then they all started making those sounds and started asking us how do Pinoys refer to big Os. We all had a good laugh because now they have learned a new vocabulary from the Pinoy 60's "ikapitong _____".

That night was the start of a monthly thing for the Jakarta Marketers. I am just wondering what our next topic will be because the next time we meet we are suppose to have a dress code. Everyone should wear anything with chocolate colors and when we see each other the greeting should be a really icky "aaahhh"... Sometimes, it is always good to go out with people from different walks of life because you can have a better appreciation of how life should be. Now, I don't know if I'll ever get to appreciate good chocolates ever but one thing is sure, I had a good laugh with my new Indonesian friends who taught me their views about chocolates. :-)





1 comments:

ning said...

iiii...it took me a while to realise what that big O is...duh! poor me, still naive to this time :))

hope u dont mind -- cud you change color scheme? my eyes find your blog hard to read ...