CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My Day

I woke up today with a grateful heart because my Creator gave me another year. I have so many things to be thankful for the past year he gave me. The thing I’m most thankful for is receiving “peace” from Him. Despite the many tribulations and hardships still He never ceased helping me triumph over those trials.

He gave me two gifts big gifts today: a) two additional students b) Canada news

It gave me a boost because little by little I’m inching toward my personal goals. He is providing me the means to save some more $ so I can accomplish mg plans soon. Also, He gave me a new window to consider. I always believed that great things come to those who wait patiently and those who put their trust in the Lord. I hope I will have a clearer picture of how things should be in the next few weeks.

This morning also, I felt an aching for my family. I miss them so much. My mom texted me and she gave her wishes for me. I cried because this is the 2nd year I’m not with them and I guess I will never get use to the idea that I’m not with my family. I miss those big days of mine, when my mom would wake me up early morning to greet me and she would ask me, “ Tess, ano gusto mo agahan.” I feel special when my mom does that. Today, she is preparing afritada, binagoongang baboy, inihaw na liempo and pansit for me. She prepared a little something for my big day even if I’m like miles away. Oh how I miss my mom now especially when she reminds me everyday that she loves me.

I went out to have lunch on my own because no one here in my office remembers it is my big day. Since, this is a place where you hardly fine pork, I went to this Chinese place where I treated myself to a helping of pork dishes mixed on top of your rice. Here they call it nasi campur (pronounce C in campur as CH). This is my handa for my self.

Some of my really good friends called me while others texted me they all wished me happiness on this day. Well, I’m happy but I guess birthdays will never be the same unless you spend it with people you love. But the best wish I got from a friend is the wish for freedom & enlightenment.
To my family and friends who gave their wishes for me… I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for you all made a difference in my life. You’ve been my basket of blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when it is your day, you must forget it. i don't know why because if I will remeber it, I will miss it badly. i won't spoil the other days because of my day....

TM tots said...

Well, I don't want to forget my day. It should be a celebration of life... despite of the different views we see...