CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 11, 2008

Naked truth

As defined in Wikipedia, clothing protects the human body from extreme weather and other features of the environment. It is worn for safety, comfort, and modesty and to reflect religious, cultural and social meaning.

Earlier today on my way to the office, while I was crossing the overpass in Sinar Pagi. I saw a naked boy lying on the rather cold cement curled up and when I was descending the stairs there was another man there who was naked and he was sleeping soundly like a log baring his humanity for the world to see. These two people laid there mangled by their quota of defeat. This sight made me appreciate my blessings once again. Lately, I've been wondering why I'm experiencing hard times. But after seeing these two men, I came to realize how blessed I am. I still have a roof under my head. I still have clothes to protect me from my environment. I'm still blessed with so much. Maybe you also are. So if at times you want to question your creator about life's complexities just stop for a while and think of those who have nothing at all. Those who had lost their hope to experience even a little comfort. Those who live their lives wishing it were their last day.

The naked truth is we exist in a world of inequality. It will always be this way. No matter how hard we work to achieve a society that practices equality, it will just remain a dream. Yes, there will always be inequality because it is only then that we begin to appreciate the roles given to us. But we have to remember what ever part we play, we have to give our best, for the the end of our journey we will be rewarded accordingly.

3 comments:

loadedfaith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hi ate tet...

nutn lng... jus droppin by... hahhaa.. i see u'r updating na... :)

hav a nice day..

loadedfaith said...

MWAHAHAHA...
la lng...