CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Parting ways

Just about an hour ago my friend called me, she said she has tendered her resignation to her boss. Of course I was shocked and I asked her why? Well, she said she had enough. I totally understand that. I guess there are some things in life worth fighting for and there are those that we have to let go.

I know that I will feel sad when my friend leaves Jakarta because she has been my confidant and she's my my very good friend here. But I know this too will pass. I would rather be sad for a while than see her suffer in her work. She deserves more. Many Filipinos aspire for greater things that is why they leave their home land. Some people may be lucky but others working abroad are just victims of injustice and unfair labor practice. Every OFW wants a better life for their family in RP. I just hope the people back home will reciprocate by spending the money wisely. Coz i tell you staying in a foreign land is never easy.

Sister ganda, wherever your destiny brings you, I hope we will still stay in touch. I'll miss you.

0 comments: