CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 30, 2006

Is it really worth it?


One of our brethren in church had a skiing accident during the holidays. The first time I saw her with crutches was really a blow in my gut because I never imagined that such an independent person has now become dependent on others.

But despite her condition she continues to manifest that zest for life. She even told me that all the pain was worth it because skiing gives her that sense of freedom. She feels invincible while skiing down those slopes.

Contemplating on her views made me realize that there are some pains and anguish that we go through in life that can fall under the category of being "worth it". I can't help but admire those people who take on big risks regardless of what the outcome may be.

As for me, I still prefer the idea of taking a calculated risk. It gives me a sense of security somehow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but LIFE is a RISK, tet! We live by these risks everyday in our lives...people just categorize and tag them as small, big, etc. stil we deal with our own version of risks every day. But i must admit, i am scared of big risks as well...minsan kase nakakataakot sumugal lalo na kung malaki ang at stake...pero sabi nga nila. No guts, no glory! hehehe.

TM tots said...

I agree with you about the guts thing. In the business world however, business men take calculated risks and one way or another it helps people decide better but this does not guarantee success all the time. Sabi din nila don't get into something when you know nothing about what you are about to get into because that will mean trouble.

In life there will always be risks we will take on. It is inevitable.